Monday, December 31, 2012

My Year

How was 2012 for you? Mine was mediocre with some really great parts, but some really bad parts. Let's start with the bad and get it out of the way.

Overpowering bills. Broken cars. Lost friendships. Arguements with friends. Slight rise in self-consciousness. And the sorts. Those things have brought me down and made me question things in life and the way I was handling things. 

Now.... the good.
1. My daughter is obviously the number one person and happiness in my life. Just a giggle from her can turn my entire day around. She's too cute for her own good. And so much like me it is scary. Terrifying really when I think of her growing up. Help the world. She's gonna take over.

2. New friends. People I just met this year and grew friendships with. Co-workers, Random people. All of them. I'm grateful.

3. Old friends. I have my small group of friends that I love to death. This year I had a friend from the past step in and our friendship got really strong. I am beyond grateful for this person (they know who they are). From three hour phone conversations, to helping me when I was hurt, to talking me down when I was sad... they were always there. If nothing else in 2012 makes me think good thoughts, every single moment I spent with this person is definitely top of my list. I had the best birthday I have in a LONG time. I've learned to relax a lot more and not be so stressed out. I've learned to roll with the punches. I've just learned to be a better me. And it's in large part because of this friend. So you... I know you'll read this (I hope)... Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

4. 2013 looks great. That has been what has pushed me through 2012 aside from the things above. I am looking forward to 2013 and I plan to take full advantage and make it my year. I'm going to put myself in a better place financially. I've been working on my health (almost three weeks soda free!), getting my sugar under control, working with Vicky to expand and grow AOD. It's gonna be a good one. I can feel it. It's the light at the end of this dark tunnel. I can taste the fresh air already.

So a great year! I learned of some great music this year. Ed Sheeran (Thank you Megs), Matisyahu (Thank you Shawn), and many many more. I hope 2013 is as great as I suspect. You always have to expect some downs... but I am hoping for a lot more ups!

So here is to 2013! Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment