Friday, August 10, 2012

Getting "Old"

Let me start out by saying that I am by no means old. I am mid-twenties.... very soon to be late twenties. Ok... ok... I'm 26 and turning 27 on October 6th (Wish me Happy Birthday!). I had an entire conversation with a friend of mine about what "late" and "mid" twenties entailed. I stand by my opinion that late twenties starts at 27.

Anyway... back on topic. Has anyone ever hit a day where suddenly it occurs to you that you are behind schedule on things? For instance... I'm not married. I'm not even in a serious relationship. I am not on my way to the alter anytime soon. Yet, I can honestly say that if I am going to do that, I'd like to do it by 30. After that I'll feel like I'm a big loser.

Here is the question... Who on earth is going to marry me? Don't get me wrong... I think I'm fantastic. But my opinion is not the one that matters. It literally occurred to me that no matter how much I've already done in my life... I am extremely behind.

So how does one go about moving that forward? I'm not the type to go "look for a husband". That just seems a bit ridiculous. I don't like dating and I pretty much refuse to do it. Going out with complete strangers who could end up being weirdo's of epic proportions... not my idea of a good time. I already know what I want. The question is will I get it. Life says you don't always get what you want. I sure do hope I get it though. Life would be great. Hopefully it will happen. And if not... I suppose I shall sit and cry with my forty cats (I dislike cats). Check back in 3 years to find out if I turned into the cat lady... or if all my dreams (or some of them) came true.

And I'm out...

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment