Sunday, June 12, 2011

Amazing People... Amazing Things

You always hear about the little things in life that make it worth while.... well I know what my favorite thing is. It's when you find something virtually undiscovered and it basically reaches into you and touches something in your soul and you just know that it's going to be important, big, or whatever. That is the best. I find myself having this feeling a lot with what I do. I couldn't ask for a better job. Unpaying or not... what I do is probably the most fulfilling thing I have ever done. When I see posts or get emails from people thanking us for having a guest on, or sending them a prize, or just doing what we do... it is so rewarding.

I also love finding undiscovered talent. For instance, recenty I started helping a longtime friend from back home (Michigan) with a book she is writing. Now she has written many books, most of which I've never read or even heard of, but I happened to stumble upon her website and read some snippets from her upcoming book 'Lovely Shadows' and I was instantly drawn in. This book is going to be something. What? I don't know... but someone is going to read it and love it as much as I do.

I tend to take on a lot of projects and sometimes they don't always get done, but this one is. People tell me that I shouldn't be messing with someone's career because I don't have a degree in Public Relations. What exactly is public relations? From my understand and who I have worked with, it is simply believing and pushing along someone that is trying to reach their dreams. You simply have to believe in them and believe in the project. How hard is that? I was told that I couldn't book talent and two years later I book for what I would like to believe is one of the most successful talk radio shows online. When people tell me I can't do something, it just pushes me that much more. I will do it. I can do it. And the best part is proving people wrong. I'm going to be somebody. Sit back and enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment